This certificated course is designed to motivate and train a person to be the First Aid person capable of providing immediate first aid assistance in any situation.
Attendees are trained to a high standard of patient care with both instructor and peer assessment throughout the course. More than 50% of the course is practical so that attendees gain competency with the various First Aid techniques.
This is a 12 hour course made up of 8 hours class time with a Self-Directed Learning Document.
Who should attend?
Persons over the age of sixteen who are to be appointed as the designated First Aid person in the Workplace and people wanting a thorough knowledge of First Aid.
• Overview of regulations relating to accidents in the workplace
• Approaching an Accident Scene
• Scene Safety
• Scene Assessment & management
• Primary Assessment
• Rescue Breathing - adult / child / infant
• CPR - adult / child / infant
• Choking - adult / child / infant – Conscious and Unconscious
• External and Internal bleeding
• Shock & Recovery Position
• Heart Conditions
• Heart Attack
• Illness Assessment
• Burns & Scalds
• Fractures & dislocations
• Head, neck & spinal injuries
• Soft Tissue Injuries – sprains & strains
• Wound care
The Unit Standards associated with this course are:
Manage First Aid in Emergency Situations
Version 4, Level 3, Credits 2
Provide First Aid
Version 4, Level 2, Credits 1
Provide Resuscitation (Level 2)
Version 6, Level 1, Credits 1
If you would like these credits logged with NZQA, please provide your NZQA number or NSN number and your date of birth to your MediTrain Instructor.
For current pricing, scheduling and booking information
about MediTrain Ltd Courses, please contact us.
Recertification is required every
two years in NZ
2 - 7
Remember that we can tailor courses to suit your individual requirements...
© AbelHealth Ltd 2014
Site Design | iVivid Works